08 October 2012

Reader Under the Spotlight - Preethi

I would like to introduce you to Preethi, Preethi is becoming a Philofaxy meet up regular!. 

Hi Everybody,
I am Preethi, mom to a 16 year old, wife to a great husband and love things in extremes.    I am also a Pranic Healer, a passionate minimalist and like to push myself beyond self-erected limits. I work for a fantastic company and love my work. These days I say “Yes” to everything (almost everything) and let the universe guide me into beautiful experiences.  Occasionally I blog at Filofit 

1. When did you buy your first Filofax and what was it?
I was asked to buy my first Filofax in 2007.  I had just transferred from Dubai to the UK and the new department manager had a thing going for Filofax.  She liked everyone to carry a Filofax to client meetings.  I was given a £50.00 budget and ended up with an A5 Pink Finsburry.  At the time I really hated carrying it around due to the size and weight.  In a few months time, the Finsbury got pushed into the recesses of my drawer.

2. What other brands have you used or considered using?

I have never really used any other brand.  But my love for Filofax started only after I got a Franklin Covey binder during the 7-Habits training last year.  Back home after the training I dug out my Pink Finsubury and fell in love with her.  The very act of comparing both the binders made me realize that the Filofax was far more superior to the Franklin Covey one.  (Right now I hate to admit this because folks at Filofax don’t care two hoots about people like me.)

3. Out of the organisers you own which is your current favourite (Style and Size)?

My all time favourite size is A5 and style is the Finchley.  To me nothing beats the Finchley – the leather, the design, the colours.  Currently I am using the Vintage Pink A5 Finchley for work and the Finsbury Turquoise personal size for well personal and home matters.  Having gloated about A5, I must admit that I have more personal sizes than A5s.  Again we come back to the portability issue.

4. How many Filofax organisers do you own?

I have the Personal Finchley in Teal, Imperial Purple, Mustard & Vintage Rose, the Personal Finsbury in Turquoise & Raspberry, A5 Finchley in Mustard, Caramel & Vintage Rose plus a Chameleon in Spring Green.  Recently I acquired a personal Snake Domino in Beige.  In total 11, though the thought does not sit well with my minimalistic sensibilities.  But I am working on that as well.  A woman has to let go sometimes, doesn’t she?

5. What do you use your Filofax for?

In my personal Filofax I maintain a diary (usually old inserts that I have no other use for), then a food and exercise diary, a daily to-do-list, track expenses, various life projects like – savings, home improvements, mind exercises, monthly routines etc.  Work Filofax I use it solely as a to-do-list and for follow-ups. 

6. What was the feature about Filofax you like most?

I like using different types of insets for different purposes and the fact that Filofax has got a wide range of designs (the current line-up does not interest me much!).

7. If you could design your own Filofax what would it feature?

I would take the original Temperley – rip out the satin pink interior and the cheap lace, not to mention the ugly black shiny material (think they call it leather).  Then replace it with beautiful beige leather inside and out, cover it with black Viennese lace and then price it at nothing more than £150.00.   Now that’s what I would call a luxury Filofax.

8. How do you carry your Filofax?

A personal in my handbag wherever I go. Because I use only one filofax for personal use at any given point of time, I tend to change the binder according to my mood or the clothes that I wear. 

9. Which Filofax in the current range do you like the most? Are you going to buy it?

The Filofaxes I like keep changing.  When Angela at Paperlovestory talked about Deco, I fell in love with it, and then when Imy talked about her Regency I shifted my interests.  When I visited City Organiser, I eyed the Osterley Compact and the Purple Malden for a long time.  Luckily I am very well aware of my fickle mind and have no plans to purchase anymore.  Finchley is my first and last love.

10. What is the most you have ever spent on a Filofax? Which model?

I have yet to pay full retail price for a Filofax.  The maximum I paid was £40.00 for the A5 Mustard Finchley on e-bay.

11. Turning to Philofaxy, what do you like the most?

Having just attended the latest meet-up in London, I can easily say what attracts me about Philofaxy is the people and their passion about being organized in life.  Things don’t always go as planned, but plans are definitely made and I love the aspect of just dusting your back and getting back into control.  On the website – I get so many ideas on how I can pimp my Filofax and love the Tuesday and Saturday web-finds and videos. 

12. And what do you not like about Philofaxy?

Next question pls........

13. What was the last music album CD you bought or downloaded?

I would like to leave you with this:


Thank you Preethi for agreeing to go under our spotlight.

6 comments:

  1. Should you ever wish to place your mustard or Vintage Rose Personal Finchleys up for adoption, I would pay handsomely and give them a great home!

    I also love Finchleys, and Maldens. Actually I think my best one is my Deco---they are both in Red and one is a personal, same color, etc. in a pocket.
    Loved your interview! You're a real connoisseur of Filofaxes!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love Finchleys as well - they have always been my favourite - followed by the snake bronze domino. Really interested thanks Preethi - I wish I could be more minimalistic - I really do try and fail miserably! I love your blog as well - keep up the good work!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Very pleased to meet you, Preethi!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I really enjoyed spending time with you at the meet up & think it's great that you've gone under the spotlight :) Thanks for your help in resisting pens I don't need! The Yoshida Brothers are awesome too.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks Steve for featuring me here.

    AustinLinda, Alison, Ro & Anita - thanks for your comments. I love being part of the Philofaxy community.

    Anita - it was great meeting you too at the meet-up. Are you in or around London any time soon, we could do a quick catch-up.

    ReplyDelete
  6. If you ever decided to sell your a5 finchley in caramel please let me know. Jpjoe2@msn.com

    ReplyDelete