30 June 2013

Reader Under The Spotlight - Janet

I live in Stockholm, Sweden and work as Director of Courses for the Nordic Branch of The London School of English which is the oldest accredited English language school in the world.

I work mainly within the Swedish Parliament as a translator, interpreter, language coach and speech-writer.

In my spare time I like extreme sports like bungee jumping and ziplining. I blog about all my passions at thisbugslife.com

1. When did you buy your first Filofax and what was it?

I am not sure what model it was but I bought it in London in 1984 with my first pay cheque.

2. What other brands have you used or considered using?

I use Mulberry, Aspinal, Smythson and Ordning och Reda (a Swedish brand). I always come back to Filofax though.

3. Out of the organisers you own which is your current favourite (Style and Size)?

I am loving my Compact Personal Violet Temperley. I was very critical of this binder when it came out but I fell totally in love with it after receiving one as a gift.

4. How many Filofax organisers do you own?

About 18.

5. What is the oldest Filofax in your collection?

A black Metropol which I have had for many years.

6. What do you use your Filofax for?

Making appointments for work, shopping lists, invoicing details, client notes, travel documentation and as a wallet.  I have a very stressful job so my Filofax is where I empty my brain when it gets too full!

7. What was the feature about Filofax you like most?

Flexibility and customisability (is that a word?). I can move things around, add and remove them, make my own refills, and move the contents from binder to binder. I like being able to remove months as they are finished.

8.  If you could design your own Filofax what would it feature?

  • gold rings
  • lockable clasp
  • an outside pocket
  • metal zip
  • classy zip tag. 
  • really nice leather like the Mulberry ones
  • full leather lining
  • at least six credit card slots

9. How do you carry your Filofax?

In my handbag if I am going out for a while. In my hand if I am just popping out as it contains everything I need from keys to phone. I just have to grab it and go!

10. Which Filofax in the current range do you like the most? Are you going to buy it?

I love the A5 Original in Fluorescent Pink. I always say I won’t buy another Filofax and then end up buying one anyway, so yes, probably!

11. What is the most you have ever spent on a Filofax? Which model?

Probably the A5 Siena as my Personal Deco was 80% off on sale. Non-Filofax it would be my Oak Mulberry Agenda.

12. What's your favourite Filofax tip or hack?

Using the clear plastic cover sheet that comes with a new Filofax as a ‘dashboard’ at the front. It protects the front pages from catching and becoming worn and I can put a few post-its or sticky notes on there as well as draw maps of what my Filofax contains.

13. Turning to Philofaxy, what do you like the most?

The community which is always there to help out and answer questions. I feel that it kept the Filofax brand going when Filofax seemed determined to scupper itself.

14. And what do you not like about Philofaxy?

Nothing!

15. What was the last music track you downloaded or bought?

The Kills - Future Starts Slow

16. Mark Darcy or Daniel Cleaver? 

Mark Darcy

Thank you Janet, I enjoy reading your blog every day and to prove Janet wasn't joking about her thrill seeking hobbies.... jump!


Of course if you would like to stand under our spotlight and be featured here then please contact us at philofaxy at gmail dot com


10 comments:

  1. Hi Janet, lovely to 'meet' you. I really enjoy reading your blog and seeing all your great photos, particularly of the Filofaxes (and handbags, two of my favourite things). Looking forward to reading more about your Deco.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Glad you like it Saffy - am in the middle of a Deco post at the moment so hope you enjoy it!
      Janet

      Delete
  2. Hey Janet!I was sooo happy when you showed up in the "Filofax for Philofaxy Fans"- fb group :o))
    Loved to read this Reader Under The Spotlight!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Nice to read about you. I love your blog!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thank you so much! It's lovely to know people read my blog :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Nice to 'meet' you Janet. Really enjoy your blog.

    ReplyDelete
  6. That video of you on your blog, bungee jumping in Africa was CRAZZZZZY!!

    I also enjoy reading your blog.

    Regards,

    ReplyDelete
  7. Just checked out your blog a few days ago. Enjoyed reading it. And nice to meet you.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I'm doing my trawl through philofaxy where I jump from suggestion to suggestion and saw this. I also love your blog Janet, I was just wondering: how many Filofaxes do you own now?! I'm thinking that the 18 has been surpassed!

    ReplyDelete