18 August 2017

Free for All Friday No. 457 by Nan

Cross-pollination... Some of us who use a Filofax have used a different kind of planner either in the past or at the same time. Perhaps a bullet journal, a Franklin Covey system, a bunch of small Travelers-style notebooks, or even a stack of index cards.

Have you ever adapted something you learned from a different system and used it in your Filofax? For example, do you do bullet journaling, but keep the pages in your Filofax? Did you read Stephen Covey's book and then use his ideas in your Filofax instead of buying a Covey planner? Do you use your Filofax as a commonplace book? Do you use a pocket-size Filofax for "index cards"? (I do!)

And as always on Fridays, feel free to discuss anything ring-binder related. Have a great weekend!

7 comments:

  1. Second trial: I use a Filofax Mini for index cards :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sounds like a neat idea Index cards here are closer to pocket size

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Steve: the A7 sized index cards fit the Mini FFs like Portobello plus Finchley without the need of trimming.

      Delete
    2. Taking your example of Franklin Cover in a Flipfax as an example, I think it's often quite easy to adopt a set of principles without also buying the 'accompanying' binder, inserts, manual (often a cut down version of the original book) eye. I've successfully run TMI and GTD systems in FF binders, both Personal and A5, and often using what I already have to hand saves not only money but lead time in adopting the system I want to try.

      Delete
    3. I am using my A5 Filofax for a GTD system. My daily ToDo lists are a kind of Bullet Journal style.

      Delete
  3. I used to use a pocket flex for index cards and am planning to try moving my bullet journal to a filofax very shortly!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi MarciaViola

    I'm trying yet again to run my GTD system in A5. I find I need to use a week per view vertical formaformat diary to really understand the shape of my week, but that I also need a daily plan, or at least a to do list. How do you combine these? Do you interleave a lined sheet between the diary pages? Or do you have anothanother method?

    ReplyDelete